Advanced anti-counterfeiting technology "Machine checkable holograms"
Machine readable hologram VISCS
Security of the technology was rated as "Extremely high security against counterfeiting" by Arthur D Little Inc., an American consulting firm.
Overview of VISCS
VISCS (Visual Integrated Security Check System) is a machine-recognition hologram system developed by NHK Spring to prevent counterfeiting.
This system includes the VISCS hologram product and a specialized sensor. Not limited to merely visually determining the presence of a hologram, the specialized sensor reads data formed via the hologram to reliably determine validity.
The VISCS hologram product's versatility means that we can create a variety of products depending on the application.
Principles of VISCS
Characteristics of VISCS
- A VISCS hologram is made by delicate special process that is difficult to duplicate.
- A VISCS hologram cannot be reused because of delamination fractures.
- Even if a VISCS hologram is soiled or scratched a little it can authenticate reliably.
- A VISCS hologram has excellent weather resistance, and practically does not deteriorate with age.
- Because the dedicated sensor is compact, it can easily be incorporated into various devices.