Earthquakes can cause terminal damage to mechanical structures starting with piping systems, as seen in recent years in the Great Hanshin Earthquake. NHK Spring provides seismic analysis services and support design services as countermeasures to verify and assure soundness of those structures.
In the Great Hanshin Earthquake, not only buildings and civil engineering works, but as seen in photographs, construction equipment and factory facilities also suffered great damage. The danger of a Tokai earthquake or Tonankai or Nankai earthquake is said to be imminent.
Aren't countermeasures needed now?
- Cooling tower
- Water tank
- Precision equipment
- Piping system
Based on experience acquired in piping support design such as for nuclear power plants, NHK Spring provides assistance with seismic countermeasures for plant facilities, building equipment and various types of equipment.
Diagnostic services (Seismic assessment)
1. Determination of stability
Study possibilities of toppling for facilities with high centers of gravity.
2. Seismic analysis
Perform earthquake simulations with any of the following methods.
- Static seismic coefficient method
- Modified seismic coefficient method
- Mode analysis method
3. Strength investigation and assessment
Perform assessment of the analysis results and assessment of the strength of bolts etc. in accordance with the following types of standards.
- Design Standard for Steel Structures
- Building Standards Act
- Seismic Design Standard for High Pressure Gas Facilities
- Industrial complex security and disaster prevention technology guidelines
- Technical standard for structures related to nuclear power facilities for power generation
- Glove box
- Press machine
- Semiconductor manufacturing equipment
- Various equipment for refuse disposal facilities
Seismic design services
We provide the following design services based on analysis results.
- Toppling prevention, fall prevention
- Design of anchors and stoppers
- Earthquake resistant reinforcement
- Setting and review of appropriate die steel size
- Bracing addition
- Setting and review of appropriate plate thickness
Furnishing seismic resistant and vibration mitigating equipment
- Rigid hanger
- Spring type vibration absorber
- Hydraulic type vibration absorber
- Mechanical type vibration absorber
Seismic analysis of steel framed structures
The figure shows a mode deformation diagram of large-scale frame bearing equipment and pipes at a certain plant.
Seismic analysis of steel framed building
The figure shows shaking due to earthquake of a three story residence with a steel framed building.
Seismic analysis of equipment
The figure shows the analysis model by means of the finite method analysis for a semiconductor manufacturing machine.